Wednesday, January 8, 2014

10th Grade World History Day 2

Today, I continued subbing for the same teacher, doing the same lesson plan, with different students. I did have a period of advanced photography thrown into the mix, which was incredibly easy as the teacher's aide passed out the cameras and the students went off to take pictures.

I have discovered a new favorite aspect of substituting... listening to students' conversations when they aren't focused on their work (before redirecting them back to the task, of course).

Here are some gems from today:

"You know, I don't get those Russian names, because sometimes on Instagram those weird Russian people follow you."

"Dude, pugs are ugly. Their eyes fall out. My stepmom works at a vet. She sends me pictures of that sh**"

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Favorite Unusual Names of the Day:
Lynnique
Kaiyyah (pronounced Kia, like the car)

No comments:

Post a Comment